I listened to Spotify’s One Hit Wonders 90s Playlist on my long walk home tonight. I was already feeling a little angsty, so some 90s music was just what my mood was looking for. I mean, a song that starts with, “I hate the world today…” Perfect. lol.
If you look at the playlist in the photo, one of the songs is Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Deep Blue Something. I love that song.
My dad really only listened to country music, so that’s all I knew growing up. When I was in Jr. High I decided that I wanted to listen to the music my friends listened to. So I changed the station, put a tape in, and recorded a whole side of just the radio. Then I listened to it over and over until I knew all the songs by heart.
That’s what got me started on memorizing songs. It’s still a thing that I do.
Anyway. The first song that wasn’t country or Disney that I ever memorized? Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Deep Blue Something. It’ll always hold a special place in my heart.
- National Dumpling Day*
- National Johnny Appleseed Day
- National Shamu the Whale Day
- National Pancake Day
- National Hunting and Fishing Day – Fourth Saturday in September
- National Family Health and Fitness Day USA – Last Saturday in September
- National Public Lands Day – Usually Last Saturday in September September 26, 2015