Some lovely roommate bonding time after being apart for the longest time (4 days) since we met each other (2 months ago). Oh sweet reunion.
I’ve never made crepes before, so there was a learning curve. I had the heat WAY too high at first (No fire alarm. Surprisingly.) but once I got it to the right spot it was smooth sailing.
This is the recipe I used:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2cups milk
- 1 1⁄2cups flour
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons sugar
- Mix all ingredients; don’t over beat. Mix may have some lumps.
- Heat skillet and melt butter.
- Pour about 1/2 cup mix in circle into skillet and fry until bubbly.
- Turn over and fry until light brown.
- Top with syrup, powdered sugar, apple sauce, nuts, chocolate chips, whipped cream or any such ingredient and roll up.
- Eat in a roll.
I liked this recipe because I had everything on hand. A lot of other recipes had buttermilk or some other random ingredient that I don’t normally buy. As usual, I divided the recipe in half. Oh the joys of cooking for one.
I had plenty of options for toppings, but we both settled for Nutella, ice cream, and whipped cream.
Success! This is a delicious little treat. I’ve got a bunch of leftovers in a tupperware in the fridge. I read somewhere that they should last a few days. I’m hoping to try a bunch of different topping combinations.
- banana and peanut butter
- strawberries and nutella
- powdered sugar
So much to look forward to.
- National Chip and Dip Day
- National Near Miss Day
- National Melba Toast Day
- National Puppy Day – Typically celebrated on March 23rd, however observed on a Friday or Monday when falling on a weekend