I finally had an excuse to use that filter where it only shows one color. Ha.
I thought about wearing pink today, but it turns out I don’t own any. This is unintentional. That just isn’t my color of choice I guess.
I did spend the evening at Shakespeare in the Park. Their logo this year feels pretty 80s to me, but it is also pink.
Incidentally, this was a pretty great experience. We saw The Tempest. I have a wonderful roommate who waited in line 6 hours for our tickets. They are free, so there is a line. If you are able – you should head out.
I also listened to a lot of Pink today. I’m a really big fan of hers. She sings summer anthems, angry music, or sad songs with poignant lyrics.
Pink gets me.
I’ve included a playlist of my favorite songs. There are only 14 because I was picky about which ones I chose, but she’s got so many hits.
Some favorite lyrics from the playlist –
- Just because it burns doesn’t mean you’re gonna die. You’ve got to get up and Try.
- When you’re out there doing what you’re doing, are you just getting by? Tell me. Are you just getting by?
- The Passion and the Pain are gonna keep you alive someday.
- Run just as fast as I can. To the middle of nowhere. To the middle of my frustrated fears.
- Let me be lighter. I’m tired of being a fighter.
- Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, “I just don’t care.”